Saturday, April 2, 2011

My New 1976 BMW 2002

I just bought this Pastel Blau 1976 BMW 2002. It's a 4 speed manual and shifts great. The car had it's engine rebuilt only a year ago and it's an original California car. The interior is two tone white and blue and looks like it was pulled out of a 1950's american car, but I like it because it's unique.
It has brand new suspension and overall it drives very well. It was lightly hit in the rear quarter panel, but nothing big. There is almost no rust, only a little under the spare tire well. 
The tires have less than 500 miles on them and grip the road great. I will use this as my daily driver/weekend project to slowly fix up. "OB" on the license plate stands for Old Bimmer.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! thats a cool looking interior, never seen one like that before

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look forward to seeing you over at http://www.bmw2002faq.com/

    You are probably already a member of the FAQ, but if not... I will see you there. It is a great forum.

    Congrats on your purchase.

    -Marc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marc,
    I'm already a member of the FAQ. My name is BMWnKTM
    I look forward to seeing you around

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome!! very cool car.

    ReplyDelete